Guests & Links
- Richard “Sonny” Tanabe Jr.
To learn more about Richard “Sonny” Tanabe Jr., you can visit the pages below.
Richard Tanabe Jr. has written two books. To learn more about them use the links below.
- The Evolution of Freediving-And History of Spearfishing in Hawaii
- Spearfishing on the Island of Hawaii: A Pictorial History
To learn more about the Waikiki Natatorium War Memorial, use the link below.
Here is a video interview Richard “Sonny” Tanabe did.
If you would like to read the article about Sonny that ran in the February-March 2019 issue of Wasabi magazine, please use the link below.
- Hawaii SHIP
- Editing and sound design: Tony Vega
- Transcript: Milabeats.go
- Transmissions from Hawaii logo: fikrihidajat (Based on concept sketch by Tony Vega)
- Featured image: Courtesy of Richard Tanabe Jr.
Follow Us on Social Media
- Transmissions from Hawaii on Instagram
- Transmissions from Hawaii on Facebook
- Transmissions from Hawaii on Twitter
You can view the PDF transcript below or download it here.TFH E07 Memoir of a Hilo Waterman (Richard Sonny Tanabe)